Tickets Now Available
General Public: $75
Professionals with CEUs: $125
(Limited financial assistance available to family caregivers. For more information call Bacoa at 847-381-5030)
Bacoa and Teepa Snow Agenda
- 8:00 am – 8:30 am: Check-in and browse vendor tables.
- 8:30 am – 10 :00 am “Brain Changes in Dementia with Teepa Snow”: Improve your understanding of the brain changes that occur during the process of dementia.
- 10:15 am – 11:45 am “Understanding the Different Dementias with Teepa Snow”: Learn about the significant progress made in recent years in differential diagnoses and tailoring treatments to different types of dementia.
- 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm: Enjoy a complimentary lunch while you browse vendor tables. Outdoor seating is available depending on the weather.
- 1:00 pm – 4:15 pm “Coping with Challenging Situations in Dementia Care with Teepa Snow”: Split into two 1.5 hour sessions with a 15-minute break. This presentation is designed to help care partners better understand why the person they’re trying to help may at times exhibit ‘challenging behaviors.’
- 4:15 pm – 4:30 pm: Check out and complete your CEU survey if needed.
Brain-Healthy Lunch: As a leader of the dementia friendly community, Bacoa is proud to offer a free brain-healthy lunch! Studies show that plant-based foods and leafy vegetables have been associated with cognitive improvements and may be linked to slowing the progression of age-related cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease.
Lunch will include a vegetable bowl of colorful cruciferous vegetables roasted over leafy greens with avocado, black olives, tomatoes, balsamic dressing, and a side of bread. Beverages included.
We’re here for you.
Bacoa is your connection to helpful resources. Our team is ready to assist with any aging-related needs. We look forward to connecting with you.